- subscribe to the mailing list or forums or join our IRC channel and contribute to the user community by answering requests and take part in discussions
- Report bugs, improve or validate bug reports on the github issue tracker
- Improve the documentation (it's a wiki)
- Improve the website - it's a github repository
- Fix bugs - good ones to get started are tagged Low Hanging
- Write (better) tests
- Implement new features
- Refactor or clean up code
Forum / Mailing List
Note: As of 2021-06-21 the forum and mailing list are not connected anymore. Please hold on posting there for now.
You can use the mailing list directly via email
firstname.lastname@example.org or use the web interface
linked above as "Mailing list archive".
Posting via the web interface of the mailing list may require creating a new login via https://lists.openscad.org/register using the same email address that was used for the subscription before.
- Join via the libera.chat web chat (KiwiIRC)
- Connect with an IRC client to #openscad on irc.libera.chat +6697 (TLS)
- The chat room is also available via Matrix as #openscad:libera.chat
- Additional documentation on how to connect can be found at https://libera.chat/guides
2021-06-15: Freenode, which hosted the OpenSCAD IRC channel for years has committed suicide and a new empty network was created in it's place under the same name. So please note that any OpenSCAD related channels or user registrations that might appear there are not associated with the OpenSCAD project.
2021-07-07: Warning: make sure to connect to the
correct domain. Freenode decided to own
irc.libera.net and point that to their own servers. This looks
like a very bad case of name squatting so please watch out for this.